Kyla is a Member of the law firm Richardson Bloom & Lines LLC. Kyla has practiced exclusively in the area of family law for the entirety of her legal career. Prior to her employment with RBL, she spent nine years as the Staff Attorney to the Honorable Cynthia D. Wright in the Superior Court of Fulton County’s Family Division. Kyla’s tenure as a judicial staff attorney provides her with a unique perspective, allowing her to advise her clients effectively and strategically, while evaluating potential outcomes.
Kyla’s goal in handling her cases is to make a difficult situation better for her clients. When custody is an issue, she keeps the best interests of the children as her priority. When complex financial issues arise, Kyla strives to provide her clients with strategic, realistic, solution-focused advice.
Kyla handles all aspects of complex divorce cases, including child custody disputes, modification of child support, and modification of custody. She is a mediator and serves as an arbitrator. Kyla is certified to practice Collaborative Law and also frequently serves as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem in contested custody cases. She is often invited to speak to peers, other professionals, and law students regarding various family-law related issues. Georgia Trend Magazine has recognized Kyla as “Legal Elite” in the area of Family Law, and she has been selected for inclusion as a “Super Lawyer” and a “Rising Star” in family law by Law & Politics and Atlanta Magazine. Kyla is the President of the Family Law Section of the DeKalb Bar Association and serves on the Board of Directors of the Atlanta Independent Women’s Network.
Kyla is a native of Marietta, Ohio. She graduated from Rutgers College in New Brunswick, New Jersey with Bachelor’s degrees in Political Science and Philosophy. She went on to obtain her law degree from the Georgia State University College of Law. While in law school, she was an active member of the Moot Court Board.
Kyla resides in Decatur. When she is not helping her clients, she can often be found on a tennis court. Kyla has been an active member of ALTA since she first picked up a tennis racquet in 2001, and she also enjoys playing in multiple singles tennis leagues.
- Georgia 2001
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2001
- Rutgers College, Rutgers University, B.A., 1995
Associations & Accreditations
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, Leadership Academy Class of 2012
- Trained Mediator, Justice Center of Atlanta
- President, DeKalb Bar Association Family Law Section
- Board of Directors, Atlanta Independent Women’s Network
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Family Law Institute 2014
- DeKalb Bar Association Guardian ad Litem Training 2012
- Nuts and Bolts of Family Law 2012
- John Marshall Law School – guest lecturer
- Emory Law School – guest lecturer